Frequently asked questions

Why go to Handeys Finance?

We can help where house banks refuse. We check every complete dossier received and can even suggest alternative options in the case of negative information. Thanks to our experience and trained eye, we can find a solution for you even in difficult cases.

What are the requirements for a personal loan?

All holders of a Swiss passport or a foreigner's identity card in categories B, C, L and G (cross-border commuters), as well as AHV and IV pensioners can apply for a personal loan. They must be at least 18 years old and no more than 70 years old. Legal notice pursuant to Art. 3 UWG: The granting of credit is prohibited if it leads to over-indebtedness.

What documents do you need from me?

To process your loan application, we need your completed application form, a copy of your identification (ID, Swiss passport or foreigner's identity card) as well as the most recent payslip for permanent employees and the last three payslips for hourly employees. Temporary employees must submit 6 payslips. If we need further documents at a later date, we will contact you.

How long does it take to get my money?

The duration of the processing of your credit application depends on your cooperation. If we have received your credit application in full, the credit decision will reach you within 24 hours. Upon receipt of all necessary documents and a positive financing decision, you will receive your loan amount immediately after expiry of the legal revocation period of 14 days.

What are the costs of processing?

The credit application and processing are free of charge. Even if your credit application is rejected, you will not be charged any costs or processing fees. The use of the credit calculator or our credit comparison platform is also free of charge.

What risks can a personal loan have?

So-called consumer loans can cause financial difficulties for consumers who take out a loan. Especially if the income suddenly drops. To prevent this, we carry out creditworthiness checks. Unforeseeable events can be prevented with credit insurance. We inform you about the possibilities.

What if I can no longer pay the instalment due to incapacity to work or unemployment?

With cover, you can insure yourself against unemployment, incapacity for work and disability through no fault of your own.

Can I also apply for a loan from abroad?

In principle, we can only grant you financing if you are resident in Switzerland or have been a cross-border commuter for three years.

When does the loan have to be repaid?

The latest date of repayment results from the contract (contract term). Early repayment of the loan is possible at any time.

What to do in case of insolvency?

Get in touch with Handeys Finance. We will advise you personally. In most cases, a solution is found for every financial situation.

What do I have to do if I change my bank details?

If you should change your bank details and have a LSV (direct debit) on your loan instalments, please inform us in good time and in writing. This is the only way to avoid incorrect debiting of your old account.

How do I have to notify my change of address?

The borrower is obliged to notify Handeys Finance of any change of address within 10 days of registering with the residents' registration office. If the borrower takes up residence abroad, the entire remaining debt must be paid at the latest 10 days before departure. Before receipt of the new address, notices sent by Handeys Finances to the last address provided by the borrower are deemed to have been validly delivered.

Can I get a loan from Handey's Finance with a residence permit (B)?

Yes, provided that it is still valid at the time of the credit application and you have already been residing in Switzerland for at least 6 months.

I am self-employed. Can I apply for a loan from you?

We also arrange loans for companies and the self-employed. We would be happy to inform you about this personally: Tel. 056 203 30 50

Can I deduct the interest from my taxes?

Yes, private individuals can deduct their debt interest from their income tax in Switzerland. Please see our tax information sheet.

What is a ZEK code?

The Central Office for Credit Information (ZEK) is the Swiss evidence centre for creditworthiness information from credit transactions of natural and legal persons. It registers positive and negative reports on prospective credit, leasing and credit card customers as well as on the obligations and creditworthiness of borrowers, lessees and cardholders. Even in the case of a negative ZEK code, Handeys Finance checks whether and when it is possible to borrow again.

I would like the loan application to remain anonymous. Is that possible?

Yes. We process your loan application absolutely discreetly and confidentially and are subject to banking secrecy and data protection laws just like the credit banks.